Welcome! My name is Rockie Zeigler III. Yes, the 3rd. No, Rockie isn’t my real name. It’s Roscoe. (Everyone asks me that the first time we meet) I’m a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ in Peoria Illinois and father of four (ages 7, 5, 3, 3). I also own and operate RP Zeigler Investment Services, Inc. when I’m not home with said four kids. Here’s the story of why I started this blog:
Since I started my firm in 2012, I’ve noticed something. I’ve noticed that there is A LOT of noise. Noise from the media, mostly. There are pundits screaming at your on TV, seemingly endless financial publications, and even more financial podcasts. Don’t even get me started on all the stupid predictions about stocks, gold and the economy that I see everyday. It’s incredibly frustrating as a financial planner. I can’t imagine what this constant bombardment does to you.
My reason for creating this blog was pretty simple: I wanted to create a place where regular folks could consume no-nonsense, easy to understand material that’s written in plain English. Financial information about the stock markets, investing, the economy, and financial planning topics. No predictions. No judgement.
I don’t care if you have $5 or $5 million, you deserve jargon free, prediction free, real information, that will help you make the best financial decisions.
With that said, I also like to mix in some articles about my life living Dunlap and working in Peoria. I also like to write about life lessons, motivation, and tidbits of knowledge I’ve picked up over my nearly forty years roaming the earth.
Alright, here’s some info about me, if you’re so inclined:
- I’m a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™. Only about 27% of financial advisors can claim this designation. That means that roughly 73% of “financial advisors” ARE NOT certified in the various areas of financial planning. Areas such as helping you lower your taxes, making sure you’re not paying too much for your insurance, and managing your investments.
- The horrific recession of 2008 significantly affected me, just like it affected you. I’ve seen the worst case scenario. I know how it affects your investments. Rest assured, that 53% stock market crash is always in the back of my mind as I construct my client’s portfolios.
- I’ve been featured in The Huffington Post, CNBC, The Peoria Journal Star, WYZZ TV and US News & World Report. I don’t point this out to brag, but rather to let you know that major media outlets reach out to me to ask my opinion on current financial topics. I need to stay informed so that I can best help my clients.
Specifically, here’s what I do all day:
- Help my clients manage their investments.
- Help my clients pay less in taxes.
- Help my clients figure out when it’s best to take Social Security.
- Help my clients save for their kid’s or grandkid’s college.
- Help my clients figure out which Medicare program is best for them.
I can help you with all of those things, as well. Reach out if you’d like some guidance on anything financially related you’re thinking about.
Alright, that’s enough about me, but here’s some pictures anyway.